Sunday 14 May 2023

Practically A Masterpiece Theatre

We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcasting for this special announcement.

Earlier in the video series, someone asked me, "Don't you think people are going to think it's a bit self-centred to call your chapters 'Practically a Masterpiece Theatre'?"

Honestly, I thought it was amusing and thought everyone would know it's just a play on Masterpiece Theatre, but basically saying I'm not up to that standard. 

Here's the problem... (as per usual)... my brain got it wrong.

"What do you mean?" you ask.

Weellllll... You see, my brain sometimes pieces together bits of random information and creates a memory. For example, it remembers the song that went along with Masterpiece theatre, that showed lots of goofy objects and random old pictures and things like that... This song...


But this is not completely what I remember, now that I've done some research to figure out what I was talking about. Sure, parts of it are vaguely familiar, like the song and the books and the old objects, but then I remember Sam the Eagle from the Muppets coming on and saying, "Welcome to Masterpiece Theatre." Except that's not right, is it... then I found this.


It's not Masterpiece Theatre I remembered. Nope, it's the first 39 seconds of this video clip that I remember, which says, "Welcome to Monsterpiece Theatre" and Cookie Monster is eating cookies in the background. 

So if you're thinking to yourself, "Lisa, you're so vain for making your recordings sound like they are practically a masterpiece," just remember that I based this decision off of a cookie-loving Muppet who belches in the intro. This is not high-class stuff, folks. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have You Been?!

For those of you who follow my page, you may have noticed a lot of silence lately. Some of you have even asked the question, why aren't ...