Monday 1 May 2023

A Sinking Feeling


Some chapters are harder to comment on than others. Not because I didn't enjoy writing them, or because nothing happened, but because it's hard to explain my thinking process. Why did I write an underwater city into this book? Not sure, to be honest. I thought it would be funny to have an underwater city that was massive and had large spaces to relax in and have everyone asleep. It's like going to a university at night, but where there are sharks outside the walls. 

I watched a movie called Sharknado once where a tornado came through an area with sharks, picked them up, and brought them into the city where they ate people as they swirled by in the tornado. It was basically the best plot line ever for lame movie night. Especially because it was so obvious when the shark was going to come on screen that we literally counted down to every attack. Hilarious!

Also, why is the character named Pickles? Well, I thought about how some people get tattoos of Chinese words on their body and say to people, "Yeah, it says 'peace' and I got it to remember my bunny who made me feel so special." Meanwhile Chinese speakers look at it and say, "That actually says 'soup.'" And I thought, how hilarious would it be for elves to have human words as their names? Let's face it, according to the tale so far, all the mothers of the younger elves are humans, so they would know human languages and words. So why are all the elves named things like Taurion and Megildur and the like? Where is Bob or George or Pickles?

Right here, that's where.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have You Been?!

For those of you who follow my page, you may have noticed a lot of silence lately. Some of you have even asked the question, why aren't ...